Wednesday, February 3, 2010

In Memory of a Dear Friend - May She Be in Total Peace

Sunday I visited a dear friend whom I hoped would have been like the last time I visited her.  Instead she was on her way out of this world.  She didn't speak a word.  Her daughter had some nice instrumental piano music playing for her.  I don't really know if she knew I was there or not - I just can hope she did.  She left us between Monday and Tuesday morning.  In her memory and elevating her soul, I'm sharing some pictures of some of the chemo hats I have made.I must admit I have been distracted a bit and haven't been keeping up with posting my newest items.  I had been more focused on praying for a miracle. 
I did keep myself busy by making more hats and starting a moebius scarf, part of an order from New York and a white scarf for Zvi - hope this one doesn't go missing like the other one with a diamond pattern on it.
Here are the chemo hats I made and sent to Jerusalem.  They are two different sizes so she can choose which on fits her the best.  The first hat sent to her was a bit small - it fits, but slides off in bed.  The second hat I made was a bit bigger, but when I was totally finished it looked like it might be too big.  I decided to make another hat with her in mind hoping one will be the perfect fit!
I also made another hat, but made it more like a snood so someone with long hair could fit all their hair in it or if someone just likes bigger slouchy hats.


Another cable chemo hat - I don't like to make just ribbed chemo hats, especially since so many people cover their heads for religious reasons, I want them to be able to have a variety to choose from.
Here's another chemo hat I made, but more for spring time with lighter weight yarn and a nice spring color.

The more orders I get, the more chemo hats I can make.  I always take part of my profit and put it aside to buy yarn for chemo hats.



2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friend, may she rest in peace. The chemo hats look like they will cheer up a lot of people. Kol Hakavod.
    Michal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hats are wonderful! Sending you my condolences on the loss of your friend. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete