Thursday, April 7, 2011

Natural Fibers and Spring Shawls and Accessories


I’ve been knitting instead of being online.  I made a mohair lacey leaf beret which I finished while we were still having rain storms.

I’ve been knitting for spring with hand-dyed natural fibers from Soul Wool, a local company.  Their cottons and cotton /viscose blends are really yummy and soft.  I also like the way their viscose works up.  I’m looking forward to making shawls from their hand-dyed silk.
I’ve made some headbands, a couple of hats and shawls.  I have also made some necklaces.  A couple women want to buy headbands to use with over their head-coverings.  One woman even wants to use a necklace to dress up her hats.  I sold a few headbands and a plastic bag holder.




I’ve had an invitation to come and help dye yarns at Soul Wool.  I’m really looking forward to going there and actually dying some yarns.  I don’t think I’ll be able to go before Pesac, but I really hope I can arrange to go afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. Your work is beautiful and it seems that you are developing a following for your work.

    ReplyDelete