Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ravellenic Games


I’ve entered the Ravellenic Games 2012 (same time as the Summer Olympics). I entered four events: Shawl Sailing, Lace Long Jump, Single Skein Sprint, and Syncronized Stash Busting. I will be making my first shawl with lace weight yarn. The yarn has been sitting in my stash since last year’s Ravelry’s Yarn and Falafel group’s annual picnic for a special project.

I hope I’ll be able to finish up the shawl before the end of the Summer Olympics and the Ravellenic Games 2012! I’m a bit nervous since the lace yarn is so fine and I don’t know how long it will take me to get used to knitting with that weight of yarn. The yarn is 100% natural sheep wool from Estonia in a gray and black variegated.

I will loose a night and a full day since cast-on is on a Friday night. I’ll have to get started on Motzei Shabbat. I guess I’ll just have to try and make up for some of that time lost on Saturday night and try to allocated a good chunk of Sunday for getting a good start on the shawl.
Lace Yarn


It hasn’t been easy waiting to cast-on and get started on my first lace weight project. I’ve been keeping myself busy with a few other projects.  I whipped up a cute kitty (or tiny dog) dress and have started on my first entrelac project.





Counting down the days to cast-on!!!

1 comment:

  1. That sure is tiny yarn. Good luck with all your projects, and hope you'll be a winner.

    ReplyDelete